Solid Waste Collection Contract
The Township Committee has awarded a one-year solid waste contract to Gold Medal Environmental (GME) for manual curb-side collection beginning September 1, 2018 and ending August 31, 2019. The Committee voted to accept the recommendation of the Township Solicitor to award the contract to GME who was the responsible low bidder in accordance with the Local Public Contracts Law. By doing so, the Township Committee has authorized a contract with GME for the period of one year, which not only specifies the parameters of the contract, but allows the Township to impose substantial penalties if the terms of the contract are violated.
The solid waste contract continues to allow for:
1) Five (5) cans or ten (10) bags of household generated trash, which must be placed curbside by 6:00 a.m. for collection. Recyclables and grass, branches, and leaves are collected separately by the County and Public Works Department, respectively. We do not collect construction debris, hazardous materials or electronics.
2) One bulk item per week. Bulk items shall not exceed fifty (50) pounds in weight. No item shall be such length or width as to measure more than six (6) feet by four (4) feet. Any bulk item may be disassembled, broken or cut up as much as practicable and placed on the curb with the designated containers. All disassembled bulk items shall be securely tied, where applicable, and shall be of such size that the longest dimension thereof, shall not exceed four (4) feet and the total weight thereof shall not exceed fifty (50) pounds. We DO NOT accommodate clean outs.
The solid waste contract imposes the following penalties:
1) $2,000.00 per route or any portion thereof for each day that the contractor fails to collect or make substantial collection of the refuse.
2) $2,000.00 per each incident or event in which the Contractor dumps refuse, garbage and the like at the authorized Disposal Facility which is collected outside the Township or is beyond the scope of these Uniform Bid Specifications and each truckload shall be considered as a separate incident or event.
3) For Failure to clean up immediately, spillage from the Contractor’s vehicles or resulting from the collection or carting of refuse, one hundred ($100.00) dollars for each such violation.
4) For Failure to answer a complaint pertaining to problems concerning collection of solid waste or recycling on the same day the complaint is received, one hundred ($100.00) dollars for each such violation.
5) For Failure to provide information as to the number and type of trucks working daily, fifty ($50.00) dollars a day.
6) For failure to place trash containers off of the traveled roadway on the grass plot, fifty ($50.00) for each location, stop and/or house.
We kindly request that any of the above violations be documented immediately and emailed to email@example.com
The Township is also excited to announce that we will make the transition to automated collection in the year 2019, which would involve the issuance of solid waste carts to each household. We will provide additional details as they emerge.
Anyone with questions regarding any of the above should contact Meghan Jack, Township Administrator, at 856-461-1460 x4.